and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
i can see for miles
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 | 6:06 AM | 0 comments
Christmas night, it clutched the light, the hallow bright
Above my brother, I and tangled spines
We smoked the screen to make it what it was to be
Now to know it in my memory

"When will you learn?"

She smiles, the smile curling off her face like the wisps of breath that sigh out of her lips. "Never."

"Never?"

"It's worth it," she says softly. "Worth it to be hurt, worth it to be loved."

I stare at my reflection and sigh again. Worth it to be hurt, worth it to be loved, worth it to risk.
 
And at once I knew I was not magnificent
High above the highway aisle (Jagged vacance, thick with ice)
But I could see for miles, miles, miles
"holocene", bon iver
 

Older Post