this is not a love poem.
Thursday, February 9, 2012 | 8:56 PM | 0 comments
This is not a love poem,
for if it was,
I would not be describing your eyes that are
Neither blue like the ocean
Nor grass green like emeralds.
Your eyes are not gray like the impending storms,
But they are a dark brown that
Beckons like a warm fireplace on a cold winter day.
This is not a love poem,
For if it was,
You would not compare to the other shallow,
Superficial boys who smile and nod
At every little thing I say;
You are quick to talk and quick to think-
Too wise for my own good,
And I cannot keep up with you.
This is not a love poem-
For if it was,
I could write pages about you,
And as it is I cannot find enough words to describe
-you-
In its entirety;
Not enough words to describe your warm laugh,
The sincerity of your actions,
The wonders of your faith.
This is not a love poem.
Or maybe it is,
And I’ve simply been thinking of you this whole time.
Labels: poetry



