it won't stop me
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | 8:30 PM | 0 comments
I'm free.
In all seriousness though, a thought just struck me. I'm free- from a lot of things. I'm free from poverty. Free from slavery. Free from hard labor. Free from oppression, free from racism, free from being deprived of a chance to go to school.
Most of all, though, I'm free from sin- if I want to be, and I do- but thank you, sin, for being so tempting and easy to fall into. Not.
You know what else is free? Salvation. And along with that salvation comes the promise of eternal life in Heaven. And all you have to do is reach out and take it. All you have to do is believe. And yeah, that might be a little doubtful for some people. It's like me saying that I still doubt the tooth fairy. (I still do.) But if you think about it- why not? Why not take the chance and believe that the offer isn't just too good to be true? It's not, it's really not. And if you take the step, what's the worst that can happen? If the whole Salvation/Heaven thing is just a sham, then you just wander the world like a ghost or whatever it is you do in the afterlife. But if you do take the step, and if it's all true, then you're rewarded with the most amazing guy ever- God. (Eternal life with God. Think about it, you could ask all the questions you ever wanted. Like why you always have craving for shrimp. Or something.)
So yeah. Thought of the day- you're free, all of us are free. :) Take the leap, I dare you :)




