long time traveller
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 | 4:23 PM | 0 comments
That song has been stuck in my head for ages. 'Long Time Traveler' by The Wailin Jennys? Dude. If you haven't listened to them, you have to listen to them right now. They have basically become my inspiration for singing. They're amazing. Their blend and their harmonies and their melodies and OHHHHHHHHHH.But this post is not about The Wailin' Jennys (alas, my rhetorical skills are not up to par to convince you of their epicness).
This post is to tell you, dear reader, that I've picked up the idea of joining a speech contest.
Yep, public speaking, my old nemesis.
I hate public speaking, quite honestly. It goes against my nature. By nature, I am a quiet, reserved, introverted person. It is not natural for me to get up, walk to the front of the stage, and rattle off a speech designed to wow and impress.
It is not me.
Yet, I am doing it, because lately I've been thinking about how sedentary I am. How 'sessile' (OOOH LOOK AP BIO WORD). I need to begin pushing limits. It's sad, actually, that I couldn't begin to tell you where my limits are. I don't know where I am, because I've never really pushed outside my bubble. It's time to begin pushing. It's time to begin expanding, growing, testing to see where I'll balk, and then find the strength to move forward and get over that obstacle.
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to growth. This is me. This is us. This is what our generation needs to do.



