and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
is love for the lucky?
Saturday, December 11, 2010 | 11:38 PM | 0 comments
If you have the time, check out this video.

No. I take that back. If you're reading this, listen to the music.

It speaks to me in ways that I cannot describe, ways that I cannot understand. Often times, we forget that God loves us so much. We forget that He did so much for us. We forget that He sent His only son to die for us. Us. Us. We were the ones who broke his heart, time and time again. And yet... Jesus died for us on the cross. He didn't falter from his destiny. He didn't back out. He could have. He could have.

But He didn't.

What does love look like? is the question I've been pondering.
What does love look like?
What does love look like? is the question I've been asking of You.
Once believed that love was romance, just a chance.
I even thought that love was for the lucky and the beautiful.
I once believed that love was a momentary bliss, but love is more than this.

Then I saw Him there,
Hanging on a tree, looking at me.
Love's definition, was looking at me.
Looking at Him. Hanging on a tree.
I began to weep and weep and weep and weep.
This is how I know what love is.


Honestly, I've needed to be reminded of this for a while. I think it's so easy to take Him for granted. We forget that He once came down to earth to save us. It's easy to just wave at him and say hi once in a while, as though he was nothing but a casual friend.

Guys, He's so much more than that. He wants so much more than a wave. He wants a conversation, to be Your greatest friend, to be Your pillar of strength. He is the definition of love. LOVE. The greatest emotion that one can possibly feel.

If anybody's looking for love in all the wrong places,
If you've been searching for love, come to Me. Come to me.
Take up your cross. Deny yourself.
Forget your fathers house and run. Run with Me.
Cause you were made for abandon your heart and listen.
Cause you were made for Someone greater, Someone bigger, so follow Me.
And you'll come alive when you learn to die.


Older Post | Newer Post