and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
message from god
Friday, May 21, 2010 | 11:01 PM | 0 comments

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 is a verse that truly is speaking to my heart right now. I guess it’s because lately I’ve been hearing/seeing all these things that either make me super super super happy or really really really sad. And when I heard about the latest story today (over Facebook of course *rolls eyes*) this verse just popped into my head.

The lines in the stanza that really stuck out to me were the lines that read “a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away”. See, all this time, I kept on looking for “love”, a relationship as it was. And lately I found myself slipping into a sort of depressed mood when I saw what others had that I didn’t. But then tonight, I saw this verse again and it hit me like a freight train hitting a concrete wall.

There is a time to search, and a time to give up. I don’t think God is telling me to literally give up… I think God is telling me to stop worrying so much about what might happen to me and instead to just enjoy life and focus on Him. I do confess I haven’t been spending that much time with Him lately.

There is a time to keep, and a time to throw away. To me, that’s memories. I hang on to a lot of memories that somehow make me really nostalgic for things that have already passed. And maybe I should stop hanging on to those memories. Because really those memories hurt if I dwell on them too much. I am a pack rat. I keep everything that’s ever happened to me in my head. And maybe, it’s time to let go and start afresh. Or at least try.


Older Post | Newer Post