and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
today
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 | 5:02 PM | 0 comments

I cried in chapel.

Ketrick’s right. There is something amazing about about fifty people kneeling down and giving their moments of silence to God. It was…. amazing. I will simply put it that way. In those moments, a minute, maybe two, maybe five, and just singing without any accompaniment whatsoever, I never felt so small. So insignificant.

And the best part was that I liked it. It really felt as though God was in the gym with us.

Today was also the day that I let myself trust. A little bit at least. Today was a rare day when I let my guard down and told someone what I saw. What I felt. What I observed. And when I did that, it felt amazing. Free. Liberating.

Today was the day that I felt as though God was really pushing me to let Him live through me. I’m not sure I do such a great job of that. I’m not sure that I ever fully let go of my ‘old’ self. Nor do I think I ever embraced the ‘new’ self.

Today, I will take a deep breath and go forward.

And today, maybe, just maybe, I’ll let go of my demons and take the hand of an angel.


Older Post | Newer Post