and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
the year is not going well
Friday, January 15, 2010 | 5:08 PM | 0 comments
So two weeks into the new year, and I've already screwed up three healthy relationships. And if I don't watch it I will screw up one more through my choice of flight from fight or flight. And if I don't watch my mouth, I will screw up about five more.

Screwing up is a recurrent theme in my life apparently. And I'm sick of it. So sick of it, you hear? Scurvy and cholera, I swear, my life is one major screwup after another, with very few breaks and respite in between. And I'm so entirely sick of it.

I mean, what can you do?

You try and stop being a doormat. You hurt someone's feelings.

You be a doormat. You hurt your own feelings.

You try and straddle the line. Eventually you're going to fall off, and then somebody's going to get hurt.

WHAT DO YOU FREAKING DO ABOUT THIS?

I once said I chose my own battles. The problem is I'm not sure which are the right battles any more.

Older Post | Newer Post