and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
things fell apart
Friday, January 22, 2010 | 11:15 PM | 0 comments

But of course. It always ends up like this. I don't know why, but it always does. Never at the right time. Never the right person. And the cycle of broken hearts goes around again, and again, and again.

And you know something? It really does suck. I know that I expected this from the very beginning. I've also told myself that it would never work out, "do not yoke yourself with unbelievers". But you know something? The head tells me that. Logic tells me that- hard facts that I thought I embraced.

But here's something I keep learning. The head does not stop the heart from loving. It does not stop the heart from breaking. And above all, it does not make the pain go away, at least not instantly.

"And he opened the chest to find a clear crystal heart. Wonderingly, he picked it up. It shimmered in the moonlight, and he noticed something small. He peered at it, and realized it was a line. It marred the perfect surface, stretching across the top, and he realized it was a crack. Following the line, he found another. And another. So many to count, too many to remember. And it was then that he realized he was holding a broken heart..."

Older Post | Newer Post