and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
Rinse.
Monday, March 23, 2009 | 10:12 PM | 0 comments
Funny, but today, after school, I told myself, "I'm perfectly fine just being friends. There's nothing wrong with being friends."

And I caught myself.

It's funny, isn't it, how hollow phrases that you've used a million times sound once you start trying to believe them?

Strike 1792769276086026076.

I'm fine being friends.
I'll keep believing that. I have to.
Because after all, it's not like trying to control things will help me any more than it already has (it hasn't really helped a whole lot).
Funny how hollow that sounds to my ears.

"She must rinse him
She must rinse him
She can't rinse him
She can't rinse him
She can't, she won't, she must rinse him
She can't, she won't, she must rinse him
She must rinse this all away
She can't hold him this way
She must rinse this all away
She can't love him this way."
~ Vanessa Carlton "Rinse"

Older Post | Newer Post