and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
I never figured out what Sarah's Blog Title meant.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 | 10:20 PM | 0 comments
I was reading Sarah's blog, and the very first paragraph popped out at me:
"Life
is a buildup of Stories.
In other words, a series of Chapters in Your Story.
Don't tell yourself, "I've got to move on and forget my past"
Because everything that happens in your life sets you up for what is to come.
And it may hurt...
It WILL hurt.
But you can't grow without pain."

Mm, that part was very true, I thought.
It kind of put things into perspective for me in a long while....
Marshall was right, getting your perspective adjusted back does feel very satisfying.

But then it brought me to the question:
Where in the world do you find the patience to wait patiently for God when he starts setting the dominoes up so that they fall exactly into place?

To which then, I remembered something that I said to Mrs. Smith in Bible this morning, when she asked what were the factors that brought families together/tore them apart when tragedy happened?
"It's all about how strong your spiritual strength is, isn't it? If you're weak, you turn away. If you're strong, you stay afloat."
And she replied that yes, that was a factor. But it wasn't just an individual. It was a whole family.

And so, I started wondering about my real family, and my friends, who are my second family.
How strong was our faith?
Ultimately of course, our faith in God, but also our faith in each other. See, this week, like many of you have been hearing me gripe about, has been pretty much a tumult of emotions. We've been keeping secrets from each other, and we're all playing hide-and-seek right now. Me, I go from happy to sad to angry to happy to sad to angry again.
It's been hard, and so I wonder if like our relationship with God, will we still try and make it work when we take that first step, that first step that might shatter or heal the friendship?

It all seems to have been a message all along.
Mrs. Smith taught about suffering this morning and how we had to cling to God.
Miss Isaacs talked about my poetry and the message it sent, about suffering and how negligence can lead to fatal mistakes.
Pastor Dave taught on Sunday about how skeptics are skeptics all because they have been hurt before.

And when my head starts to hurt, because it's 10.32 p.m. at night as I finish my pondering, I'll try and remember Daniel's piece of advice:
"Always remember The Creator whenever you're down and always look to Him for advice ya!"

It's going to be tough.
But I'll try. I'll try. =)

Older Post | Newer Post