and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
good or bad, happy and sad.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009 | 9:28 PM | 0 comments
So...
Today was mostly a mix of ups and downs.

The downs was mostly the fact that I had an English quiz, Global Studies test (which I was practically exploding over), and the fact that a kindergartener from our school got killed in a car crash yesterday.

yeah, you read that right.
I was kinda depressed when Mrs. Smith told us in Bible class, and Mr. Smith announced it in chapel to ask us to pray for the family.
Isaac Young. It's ironic that somebody with his name died so...young.
Excuse the bad pun.
He died last night while we were all scrambling to cram history notes into our brain.
It kinda makes me stunned to think about it.

And I don't know, but while this hits kinda close to home, I'm suddenly reminded of a quote from Frankenstein:
"The time at length arrives, when grief is rather an indulgence than a necessity; and the smile that plays upon the lips, although it may be deemed a sacrilege, is not banished" (Shelley 29)
Isaacs should be so proud of me for integrating a quotation into my blog posts.

I have taken to calling Frankenstein 'Frankie'. It kinda scares me.
I'm going to ramble on random things real quick.
Because it makes me feel better.
That, is how I cope with grief.
I sound so uncaring now..

Me: How can you think that Yoda said 'Go bowling'?!
Anna: I haven't watched Star Wars in AGES! You could tell me anything and I'd believe it!
Me: Oh, really?
Anna: *Sees smirk forming, sighs* No, Sam. That doesn't mean you SHOULD.

texts between joey and me:
me: aww, that's so sweet. *referring to his asking a girl out to winter ball* i'm going to get diabetes listening to you.
joey: diabetes?
me: Yeah. It's what you get when you have too much sugar.
joey: i KNOW that. but what does diabetes have to do with anything
me: oh. the fact that you are too sweet.
joey: Oh. Okay. Got it.

spent the whole afternoon forcing kyle over text to ask her out.
me: ask her!
kyle: no
me: DO IT!
kyle: never
me: DON'T SPOIL ALL MY DREAMSSSSSSSSS!
kyle: tooo baddd.

adora: If you two don't tell me what's going on right now, I'm going to leave!
me: *raises eyebrow* it's kyle's secret. i'm not in this.
adora: okay, i'm leaving!
kyle: *watches her walk off* uhhh she's not really mad, is she?
me: Nah, she'll come back. Eventually.
*ten minutes later*
me: Ohhhhhh. Maybe she is mad...

me: *practically yelling* THE FIRST PUNIC WAR WAS BECAUSE OF A LOCAL TRADE DISPUTE! BATTLE OF CANNAE WAS THE GREATEST ROMAN DEFEAT IN ROMAN HISTORY! THIRD PUNIC WAR....
kyle: *loud whisper to ryan, holding my notes* where is she???
ryan: i don't know. i've learned from experience to just shut up and listen.

Hahaha. Random, but certainly did its job of cheering me up.

Older Post | Newer Post