and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
breakdown
Saturday, December 20, 2008 | 11:09 AM | 0 comments
So, even though you guys will be seeing me in approximately 48 hours, I thought you might like to know what American high school finals (or at least Valley Christian's) are like.
So here you go.

1st PERIOD: Physical Education

So all we had to do for Miss Torok's final was basically, a 3 minute step test, as many crunches and push-ups we could do, and then for the theory part just construct an anatomical part of the body and label muscles, bones, cartilage, and tendons. Also, we had to reserach an injury based on that joint of the body and present that too.

Easy? Yeah.
Result: 50/50

2nd PERIOD: Open Tutorial

Unless we get marks taken off for actually studying during our free time, I'm pretty sure this is moot.

Result: ----

3rd PERIOD: Biology

So all we had was a final, with 90 objective questions and 30 points worth of essay writing.
I panicked at the beginning of the exam...I was convinced I was going to fail. Whatever Ryan and Ashley tested me on, even though I could answer, went something like this:

Ryan: What's the cell theory?
Me: Um, new cells are made out of existing cells, all existing things are made up of cells, and..um...
Ashley: (prompts) basic...
Me: CELLS ARE THE BASIC UNITS OF LIFE! *breaks down crying/laughing hysterically* I'M GOING TO FAILLLLLLLLLLLL! FAILLLLLLLL!
Ryan&Ashley: o.O

Basically, Ryan got so annoyed because I kept answering the questions correctly before he even finished his question, that he let poor Ashley take over the reins.

But hah! I defeateed the odds!

Result: 127/120
No, please don't ask me how...

4th PERIOD: Bible studies

Our final was a test, comprised of all previus questions before. Well, most of them. It was actually pretty easy, save a question that I dind't study and therefore, tripped up on.

Result: 69/70

5th PERIOD: Computer Software

Just making a Christmas card using Photoshop. Fun project.
He took ten marks off just becuase I dind't bring the Photoshop guideline worksheet. Mr. Wiebe. it's a final. Nobody brings anything to a final save a pencil and an eraser.
Grrrr.

Result: 120/130

6th PERIOD: English Honors

oh, my gosh, I came out of this final almost in tears.
All the answers were almost the same, and the grmmar-the grammar! I nearly killed myself looking at the grammar!
Perfect Progressive, Perfect, Past, Past Perfect progressive, Future present Progressive..
Not to mention, rules of prepositional phrases and other things.
OH! I SWEAR, I CRIED AFTER THE FINAL.

Me and laraine were complaining about it in Chinese after, and we look up to see Zach and Jon-Tom looking at us funny.
Me: Sorry, jon-Tom. we're speaking chinese.
Jon-Tom: Oh! I thought I had ceased to udnerstand English for a minute there!

However...
Result: 96/100Scantron, 80/80 written.

7th PERIOD: Geometry honors

I loved this test. Decidedly one of the easier math tests she has ever given us.

She even let us out early after finishing the math test.
Which we spent standing around outside talking.

Me, Adora, Kyle, and Jessey, standing around talking after math final:
Me: I think Miss Way is wondering why we're standing around outside talking instead of leaving early.

Result: 56/60

8th PERIOD: Global Studies Honors

THE FINAL THAT NOBODY LOOKED FORWARD TO.

All my friends got Bs on this test, so naturally I started to panic. I mean, who wouldn't?

so we organized a study session right in front of Marshall's classroom at 7.30 in the morningg...a study session that nobody except Rachel showed up to on time.
and it was chaos, literally.
But still, we had fun, and we were able to remember everything she eevr taught us.
we even came up with easy ways to remember stuff:
Australia's Habitat was erected by neanderthals who turned into Homo Sapiens
which was actually:
Australopithecus->Homo habilis->homo erectus->neanderthals->homo sapiens

It was fun. Poor vaughn, however. If he was hoping for peace and quiet while he did his timeline, he was sadly disappointed.

BUT.
I SURVIVED.
Result: 61/70
That's an A-! I can live with an A-!

Overall conclusion:

Nobody will ever believe me again when I tell them that I failed the bio exam.
You shoulda seen the look on nardin's face when he found out I got a 107% on the bio test after telling him I failed.
so when i was freaking out about failing the gs test, he was all, "Psssh. Nobody believe her! she got 107% on the bio test which she told me she failed!"

and then Eugenia had to go add, "yeah. And you have a 99 in this class anyway."
To which elicited an uproar in the class:

Matt: YOU HAVE A 99?!
Melina: sam, you have a 99?!
Nick: Wait, who has a 99?!
Cameron: YOU HAVE A 99?! HOW IS THT HUMANLY POSSIBLE?!
Nhi: Sam, you would.

Yeah. so. half my GLobal Studies class probably hate me now.
they'll hate me even more when they find out my grade on that final.
Snicker.

Older Post | Newer Post