ten teardrops.
Thursday, August 7, 2008 | 10:01 PM | 0 comments
tears well in my eyesas I stare at pictures of me and you
pictures of what we were
pictures of what could have been.
and the first tear splashes
wiping away the dust
the second drop reminds me
of how cold it is without you holding my hand.
and even as I turn my head
to look out the window
the rain coming down only reminds me
of how much I've lost.
One drop, two.
Three drops, four.
I can only close my eyes
and remember what we were before..
you see.
we couldn't be that anymore.
you told me it was love.
five drops, six.
but you walked away
and don't you know that's how a heart breaks?
seven drops, eight now.
it's December in my heart.
I only wish you knew how
everything fell apart.
The ninth falls,
And you smile at me.
And when the tenth slides out
I know we were never meant to be.
Times where we smiled and laughed
and we weren't complete strangers.
this roaring chasm, this empty hole
claws at me, potential dangers.
i wish i could walk away
just like you did before.
but ten teardrops and your smile at me
and i can't forget anymore.



