and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
I'm not emo, I'm happiness challenged.
Thursday, August 14, 2008 | 8:51 PM | 0 comments
HAH.

Orientation Day 1

Chaos.

That's how I'm going to describe the day,. CHAOS.

It's INSANE.

It's like, I stepped into the gym, and there are girls running around screaming "AMMMYYY!!!"
And Amy is like, "NIKKKIIII!!!"

Imagine approximately three hundred people doing that, guys and girls alike, plus echoes all over the place, and you'll get what I mean.
Still don't understand?
MGS ians, from 3B- Us screaming times a million decibels louder.
I think that's still an understatement..

First day was basically a waste of time, but I managed to have fun. It was just sitting around and amusedly watching people trip over cables. I couldn't find Julia, darnit...
Our group's mentors were great. I think their names were Andrew and Adrienne. Yay me, I managed to remember, but if I spelled them wrong, I won't exist. *hides*
They're juniors. Best not get on the wrong side. Lol.
Although they're nice people..

I met a girl named Sarah Cruz, (haha she's shorter than me, sorry Sarah, couldn't resist ;) but she's obviously way cuter. Lol. And she's Filipino! YAY! Asian!!!) and she stuck with me, thank goodness. And finally. I meet someone who knows where Malaysia IS, and doesn't think that it's in Milan/ Singapore/ Russia/ or some country annexed by Korea. Or something. I mean. Have these people never watched Olympics? Hello. Lee Chong Wei. Helloo.

Lunch was a dismal affair. Sandwich. Sarah abandoned me for her other friends. Oh well. So I sat by myself at a lunch table and wached people running around screaming and nearly falling over each other. It was amusing. In a way. Although now I know how that new girl in the movies feels. Sigh. Dismal. Dismal.

In fact, I panicked, and actually called my mum to pick me up early. And then..I finally saw Julia.
(for those not in the know, Julia is my friend from church.) And you do not know how relieving it is to hear somebody scream my name. LOL.

She introduced me to her friends, Emily and Olivia. Ah, so I have met new people after all. Snicker.

And then I went home.
Told you Orientation 1 was a waste of time.
But it was still fun.

OH OH I wore that I'm not short I'm just space efficient Tshirt. Advertising our school, aren;t you PROUD OF ME? Haha. And I got complimented on it. Once. Or twice. They're like, "Hey, I LIKE that shirt! I'm so going to go out and look for some."

See? I put MGS on the map already. YE people, think you can send some over? Hahahaha.

Orientation 2
Now THIS.
THIS. IS. INSANITY.

I got to school at 8. 30 to be deafened. Again.

And I was waiting for Julia. AGAIN.

Luckily, this time I was saved form my inescapable boredom by my mentors, who must have decided I looked stupid standing by the pillar, flipping my phone open and closed repeatedly.

And thankfully, after chattering to them about the school and our school, and Malaysia, (I forgot to tell them we live on trees. Darn.) Sarah showed up. THink of me as "SARAH!!!!!"

And so Andrew and Adrienne are about to drag us off on a tour of the school, but then they about turn and send us to registration instead. And it was insanity, Sarah and I had to like, practically yell to get ourselves heard by the INSANELY TALL FRESHMAN BOYS-I swear, those are NOT freshmen, they have to be seniors, WHY ARE THEY SO TALL?

If I see a crack on my cbox about it's because I'm short, I will kill you when I get back, mark my words.

Got my schedule, and my locker, YES WE GET LOCKERS HAHAHA, and my locker combination, and a whole bunch of stuff that I haven't bothered to read yet, and yeah. Andrew wanted to drag us off again for a tour, but then sent us back to the gym for photo taking. I look awful by the way. I think. Retakes.

Daily planner, that looks awfully like our MGS yearly planner.
PE clothes. (PE not PJ. Need to remember that.) Shorts and a shirt. So much more comfortable than the stupid blue shorts.
Class shirt. It rocks.
And voila, I..lost Sarah. Again. I also lost Andrew. Which meant that I had to find my locker. ALONE.

I did it. LOL. But then spent five minutes trying to get it open, until Andrew came panting along, demanding to know where we (me and Sarah- she wandered off to her locker, near mine-) disappeared to, and then he nicely took pity on my apparent dilemma. "It's like a secret handshake," he explained to me.

Yeah, Andrew. Helpful. Lol. But he got it open. THankfully. And I did it. Sigh. Clap hands. NOW!

I'm so going to get lost on Monday. The school's so big, and I have ten minutes to grab my stuff from my locker and then run all the way to the other end of the school. This feels like old days in MGS. LOL. Even though Andrew did really try his best to show us the map, after a while, Sarah and I just got confused.

Which reminds me, gotta start packing my bag..

I bonded with a Korean girl today. Her name's Adora, and her English's pretty good. Well, she has to pause every five minutes to think of a word, but it's okay. I've seen worse. I like her. Lol. Had lunch with her- pizza, this humongous slice. And then these two seniors Caitlyn and Catherine came over and joined us- Catherine's response when she sat down was to point her finger at me and announce, "She is so cool. She can speak Chinese!"

Disregarding the last comment, I know, I am, aren't I? LOL.

We tried gummy somrhting in Sprite. Its good. No, seriously. Hahahaha.

I am so thankful- I have two classes with Adora, one with Emily, one with Julia, and another with Sarah. That's five classes accounted for. I won't be alone. YES. *pumps fist*

And then after that, I went bowling.
Nothing exciting about that, except I played like a lump of coal.
Seriously.
Three months on hiatus.
Never again.
I feel like junk.
..Or not?

And I'm not emo. I'm happiness challenged!
Haha random thoughts that pop into my head when I'm supposed to be sitting quietly.

Older Post | Newer Post