gossip. is bad.
Monday, August 11, 2008 | 9:22 PM | 0 comments
Okay, so actually, I'm not totally against gossiping.I mean, I'm not exactly the candidate for covering my ears when juicy bits of information is being passed around. Of course, there is a limit: if I hear anything malicious, I don't spread it around until I know both of sides of the story, and even then I DON'T spread it. I'd rather not hear it at all, if you please.
You guys know me. I tend to drift towards the "Omg, this person likes this person but this other person likes her" kind of gossip.
but malicious gossip that points fingers at other people?
Bad.
Bad,
Bad
Bad
Beyond the description of bad.
It's wrong, it's just plain wrong! I think gossiping among close friends is socially acceptable, but really? Posting it online where practically every Tom, Dick and Harry or Jane, Sally, and Mary can see it? That is low. It's lower than low if possible. It's almost a violation of privacy.
Pointing fingers at your fellow students and your teachers, whom you're supposed to RESPECT, laughing at them, telling and possibly fabricating stories about them...how do the readers know that what you're feeding them is the truth? That's not even the half of it- you're posting it on an online blogging community where ANYONE can see it if they google it enough.
If it was harmless things like "Oh. You know? This person S likes this person so and so." Now that's not so bad, even if that's somewhat wrong, especially if smart people can figure it out. But it's harmless. Somewhat. TO a certain extent. But no. Things like "This teacher ah, I'm surprised she hasn't died yet" now THAT'S mean. I mean sure, we all hate our teachers at one point or another, and yes, we do blog about them. But you see we do it surreptiously, with ALIASES so that people WON'T KNOW who we're talking about. We don't post PICTURES on our blog to describe said teacher... Reporting fellow students 'fooling around' in the bathroom or whatever, accusing them of swinging the wrong way, that is low. LOW.
Cough. Back to SERIOUS matters.
I don't think this is even gossip anymore.
This is flat out malice.
For heavens sakes.
HAVE A CONSCIENCE.
You wouldn't like it if you were the butt of all the jokes.
Pfft.
Grow up!
Get a life!
If all you can do is sit behind your computer and exert your deluded sense of 'power' over people who are SMART enough to not stoop to your level, then you are such. A. Pathetic-
*catches train of thought being very unpleasant*
You're in a prestigious school.
Live up to your reputation, geez.
You are so going to regret doing this in the future.
And all you little people out there egging the blogger on-
Go purchase a life.
I hear it's way more valuable than yours.



