Tuesday, July 1, 2008 | 6:42 AM | 0 comments
Dear God,Have I ever fully thanked you for such wonderful people that you've blessed me with throughout these years?
Have I ever thanked you for putting me in MGS so that I could meet such fantastic people as my classmates, all 38 of them, and other girls from other classes?
Have I ever said that I'm going to miss the girls who gave me a hard time evry morning and every time of the day, actually, or the girls that will spntaneously scream out my name in the hallways just to call me short, or the girls who pinch my cheeks, or the girls who just smile at you because they want to smile?
Have I ever thanked you for granting me the patience and the wisdom and the love to get through evry day in school, and have I ever said thank you for the wonderful people I get to meet along the way? The teachers, the students, even the clerks..
Have I ever said I love you enough to the people I love?
Have I ever showed them how much I appreciate them for whatever they did?
These people...have become an integrated part of my life, Lord.
They have become the friends that I never had in primary. well, except for SueChuin, who remains the only ex primary friend I had. And Carmen. But she doens't count. For now.
I have been truly happier here in three years than six years in that school.
And that's saying a lot.
Am i going to miss the times we had together.
I'm going to remember the times we shared with a wistful smile on my face as I sit on the plane,
I'm going to sift through the momentos I kept and shed a tear in my new home.
I'm going to run my fingers over old, faded photographs,
I'm going to remember the times I yelled at the class to keep quiet and they never did.
I'm going to finger the cards and letters and read them again and again and again until they start getting wrinkled.
I'm going to remember the joy, the pain, the tears, the smiles, the laughter.
I'm going to pick up their presents and then start crying uncontrollably.
I'm going to want to pick up the phone and call long distance to every angel there.
I'm going to want to pack up my bags and run away from home and come back.
I'm going to want to email everyone every day.
Every time I hear my phone ring, I know it's never going to be them.
Lord, give me strength to help me through this time.
I know it's necessary Lord, and I know this is your plan.
above all, Lord, please help me remember them.
Never let me forget.
Amen.



