and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
Sunday, May 18, 2008 | 5:40 AM | 0 comments
Pastor Lazarus passed away Friday night.

The wake is tonight, but I can't stand wakes. The last time I went to my friend's, I couldn't stand the atmosphere for more than half an hour.

I didn't know pastor Lazarus, but I heard that he was a great person and preacher. He came through lots of trials in his life, but he is still here to tell us about them and impart his wisdom.

Or rather, he was.

He left behind a 5 year old kid and his wife.

A five year old kid.

Who lost her dad.

Yowch.

People these days disappear so quickly. They come into our lives, and then jsut as suddenly, they're gone, as if the breath of wind swept them up and took them away, as if the autumn leaves got scattered by the breeze.

Get my point already. I'm running out of illustrations.

I'm willing to bet that any one of us have lost a loved one at one point or another in our lives. Maybe it was a grandparent; maybe it was one of our own parents. Maybe it was a distant aunt, maybe it was a cousin or maybe it was even a friend. some of us have even lost siblings before.

I have lost one of my own friends, and I'm sad to say that maybe I didn't fully appreciate her when she was here.

Maybe? I didn't. And I have regretted it to this day.

It's not the pleasantest of feelings when you wake up to a bright and sunny day to find your phone beeping with the news that you just lost your best friend and that she's gone forever.

It's not fun to walk around trying to feel normal when there's this empty feeling inside you dying to come out.

It's not cool to lie in bed at night and wonder about if there was anything you could have done.

It's pretty depressing to listen to sad songs on the radio and being unable to turn them off.

Perhaps, instead of wondering about what we should do,
we should just take the plunge and tell somebody we love them.

Perhaps, instead of holding back,
all somebody needs is a phone call to ask them how was their day.

Perhaps, just telling somebody that you care
could save a life.

People can disappear anytime, anywhere.

Take the Myanmar and China cases for example.

Two natural disasters; millions of lives lost. Parents gone, children taken away. Grandparents perished, cousins, siblings, relatives all missing.

Children have been dying all over the place in the process of being saved.

People have been crying for their missing friends, relatives, loved ones.
Only to find out that they have left this plane of existence.

Maybe, we should live life today and love like we've never loved before.

Give our hearts to the ones who deserve it.

Tell the people we trust and love that we'll be there for them.

Because...who knows.
We might not be here tomorrow.

Yes, this is a mucho depressing post. I know. SamChong's been reflecting again.

Older Post | Newer Post