and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
Thursday, April 3, 2008 | 6:32 AM | 0 comments
Okay, this is late. Seriously.

But bear with me here.

1st April
Today was one of the best days of my life.Seriously. Not just because of tennis- or maybe nothing to do with tennis at all- but because of great friends and great times.

To you who took the time to be concerned about me after my second round match (where I got thrashed to within an inch of my life), I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for taking the time to ask me in person if I was OK, thank you for still being concerned enough to message me and let me know that you'd always be there for me if I fell.

I need not mention your name, and I doubt that you'd ever see this post, but obviously, angels do exist on Earth.

...Okay, gravity is seriously not my forte.

Today was horrendously long. I got to court about 7.45 a.m. and my first round was supposed to be at9.30 a.m.. but you know what? IT ONLY STARTED AT 10.30! LIKE, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO FOR AN ENTIRE HOUR? So obviously, my 11.30 second round match got played only at 2.30 p.m.

HELLO. IT'S HOT. HOT. Do you know how HOT IT IS?! No, you don't. BECASUE YOU ARE NICELY UNDE THE SHADE WHILE WE SLOG IT OUT!

-breathes in, breathes out-
Oh yeah, and McD didn't help my blood temperature any further. Some excerpts from my attempt to order from them:
Me: I'd like to orde-hello? HELLO?
(Turned out to be an extremely soft recording.)
MAchine: Please hold. (Mcd songplays for next ten minutes...and more.)

Oh, but that wasn't the richest part.
Operator: Name, and address please.
Me: uh, Samantha Chong.
Operator: Address?
Me: uh, i'm in USM.
Operator: ...I'm sorry, USM?
Me: Yeah, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Operator: Please hold.
Me: WAIT DON'T PUT ME ON HO-
(stupid mcd song plays again.)

Five hundred years later...
Operator: Miss Samantha?
Me: (through gritted teeth) YES?
operator: Where are you calling from?
Me: I told you, USM.
Operator: USM what?
Me: USM Penang..
Operator: USM Penang what?
Me: ....USM Penang Malaysia??
Operator: Do you have an address ma'am?
Me: No! Nobody does!
Operator: Well, without an address, I can't help you, ma'am.
(Imagine a deathly silence. Y'know, like the lull before the storm.)
Me: Look, let me explain the situation here. You have a branch behind a few buildings downthe road from us. We can't buy our own meals because we're in the middle of a tennis tournament, we can't just skip out in the middle of it, we don't have the time to walk across that huge expanse of concrete seperating us complete with whizzing cars, we are not allowed out of the complex and I'm sure that you really don't want an accident on your hands because we had to cross a dangerously busy road!
(At this point, my pitch is pretty high enough to rival the boiling kettle whistle. My voice..well let's say a lot of people heard me.)
Operator: please hold.
Me: (screaming at phone) Do you NOT want my business?!
Five fuming mad minutes later.
Operator: Okay, I think I know where USM is now. Can I take your order?

She got the orders ALL wrong.
Better yet, she told us that it would take TWO HOURS to deliver.

So we panicked. We sent ChienMing, Jhensen and kwang to McD in Queensbay to buy the food. Ah yes, make the boys do ALL the work. =)

Maybe it was the food, maybe it was hungry, but whatever it was, it was decidedly one of the best lunhes I ever had in USM. Methinks it was the company. Aah yes.

So that signs off my report for April 1st. See ya guys.

Older Post | Newer Post