and you will be loved
Close your eyes and we can float away,
All alone through this crowded place.
Saturday, January 12, 2008 | 1:26 AM | 0 comments
What a week.

First, I have to spend every day studying. Not to mention I have to work hard at it, too. My resolve is fast crumbling, but I know that my 7As will go up in smoke if I don't study.

Shoot me. Please.

BTW, I hear Mae went through 5 layouts in a day. A DAY. OMG. Mae, you have too much free time on your hands.

My other extreme is like this:
me: I want to change my layout. This one is too bright, that's too dark, that's too transparent, that one's too green, that one...oh, forget it. I'll stick to this one.
Ah, yes. The disorganized SamChong in motion.

On the other hand, Pn. Lim ST's retirement was last Friday. That was...*counts on fingers* yesterday. Oh.

Oh.

I got ambushed. Seriously, I got ambushed into becoming the bunga manga whatever it was holder. As far as I can remember, it went like this:
All I was doing was talking to the prefects, I swear. And then Pn. Cheah comes up and:
Pn.Cheah: Girls, do you have any traditional costumes?
Me: sorry, teacher, I just gave back to my friend.
Pn.Cheah: Oh, never mind, come up with me! And then she grabs my wrist and pulls. For someone who looks really skinny, she's really strong.
But it wasn't exactly like I was resisting her. Yet.
And the next thing I know, the bunga manga-whatever they are- is stuffed in my hand and I'm just blinking at it, having already 'conceded' to follow Pn. Lim ST in to the hall with that umbrella like peacock feathered thing over her head.

Maybe you don't understand my embarrasment yet, but here's how it felt:
You're walking into the hall, dressed in a baju kebaya, which actually doesn't look too bad on you, except for the fact that you're wearing a bun which makes you look about 50 years old, according to some people. Oh, not only that, but two people from your youth have already seen you and while Jenna was at least great enough to not burst out laughing spontaneously, Jia Ren was not so sporting. Grrr.

He tried to pinch me. Unforgivable. He did that to me the whole day okay!

Oh, and he videotaped me. He was like, "I so have to get this on camera," and swung the videocamera RIGHT AT ME.

Not funny.

Anyway. I slipped on a rose petal coming out and had to regain my balance very ungracefully. Needless to say, I got laughed at.

The best part was yet to come. After the whole shebang, I had to wait outside the doors, because the ceremony was pretty off schedule, what with everyone crying and all. sadly, I didn't feel too bad, cause face it, I see Pn Lim every Sunday anyway. So I waited outside, and happened to poke my head round the door, and guess who I see?

Chuah Jo-Shua.
And Jeshua Yeoh.

My reaction?
"JOSH? JESHUA? WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE?"

Do not ask me what two guys were doing in a girls school holding a farewell for a PK1. They weren't even straight with me when I asked them.

"Oh..just happened to drop by..."
And they wouldn't stop ribbing me about how cute I looked and all. I know they meant cute *pinchhercheeks* cute, not the drop dead gorgeous cute. Which, for once, I would like to be called. And then Josh had this brilliant idea of me holding the bunga manga and twirling in a circle.

Fat chance, buddy.

My humiliation is now complete. Sigh. How saddening.

But it was fun, in a way. We should do this more often.

...It;s way more fun than standing for hours, anyway. Haha.
Well, all's fair in school. Mostly.

happy birthday, natasha!

Shall conclude this lovely post. Goodbye.

*holding a bunga manga and goes poof*

Older Post | Newer Post