Cinderella
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 | 1:32 AM | 0 comments
...is not one of my favourite fairytale characters.For one, nobody goes around scrubbing houses without complaining. Nobody does that without putting up a fight. And nobody takes that kind of dissing from their stepmother without complaining to their mates.
"You know ah...this stepmother of mine...she made me clean the third floor to the fifth floor...lucky the mice helped me or else I'd never finish it!"
And that's another thing. I never could stand the talking mice.
And fairy godmothers? Psssh. Don't exist, never will. Life just hits you smack, and there's nothing you can do about it except turn to God.
NOBODY GOES AROUND SAYING BIBBITY BOBBITY BOO AND GRANTS YOUR EVERY WISH. Jasmine was so much more realistic than Cinderella. I mean, at least the animals didn't talk.
Oh wait, there was that blue guy, wasn't it? And that small monkey that actually understood English? Fine. None of Disney movies are realistic.
But they still bring a warm glow to your heart.
Okay...now that I'm done ranting...
Today I went for Penang Pesta finals.
Yeah, you read that right. I got into the finals.
Except that I didn't. Make sense? No?
Yeah, it didn't to me, either.
Okay. it went like this.
Syaidatul Afifah. 807.
Samantha Chong. Last qualifier. 741.
Afifah's score wasn't registered into the final list because-get this. The person entering the names put her under male. So of COURSE she didn't get in. And malangnya, when I went to the alley and saw my name there, I was sooo happy cause I was so scared I didn't get in...
When the truth was, I didn't. At all.
So after many rounds of trips to the bathroom and me crying my eyes out, they finally came to the conclusion: my name was on the final list and Syaidatul's was mistaken, so due to a technical error, both of us got in.
17 people playing finals. That's right.
And you know what happened?
I won. Second, but I won.
HAH to YOU PEOPLE who didn't think I COULD PLAY.
And you know what? It's international. So what if I never won a national tournament in my entire life?
This is international. It's WAYYYY better than NATIONAL.
So there to those people that never thought I could make it. SO THERE.
..........Now how do I ever top this achievement?
Ah well. I shall leave to revel in my happiness now.
..........Toodles, dahlink. HAHAHA.
Labels: cinderella, pesta



